Church last night was pretty great again. The preacher, though, a pastor from a Mennonite church in Chicago spent most of the time comparing the new pastor, Ron, to Moses. I'm not sure I approve. And she spent a lot of the time talking to him personally, instead of focusing on the congregation. It was weird and I didn't really appreciate it. I'm sure she's a fine pastor, but it was just sort of awkward. The rest of the time she was trying to say that Jesus was focused on the things of God and not the things of humanity. I have a hard time reconciling the two of these things. God created humans. Humans focus on God OR humans, but doesn't it also make sense that when we focus on other humans we are also focusing on God since humanity is God's creation?
Anyway, it was just a bit weird. I'll have to flesh that idea out some more later.
I have my first trip next week to my customer and I'm pretty nervous :( Joe is really great, though, so I'm sure we'll hvae a good time. I need to run through all my scripts this week and get really practiced so I look like I know what I'm doing.
Anyway, I hung out with people TWICE this weekend! That was awesome! I really like the girls I hung out with and I think that there's potential there.
I also joined another fantasy football league.... I don't even know if I can keep up with one, but whatever. Chase wanted me to join his league so I said sure. I need to do some research on the NFL tonight. Yikes. I should also probably call my dad, maybe he knows things.
Kate has yet to call me back which is kind of upsetting me. I know she just got married and school just started, but would a 10-15 minute phone call really be out of her scope right now? I guess I'm also just a bit lonely and I was really hoping Kate wouldn't be one of those people who stop talking to her friends. I'm sure I just need to be patient, but I've never been good at that :)
I also get a little annoyed at Bekah and Ian. It's like they think their opinions are worth more because they've traveled the world. I'm sorry that I've never had the money or time to do that. My opinion still matters! I know that I'm being ridiculous, and maybe I'm just projecting because maybe I actually think that their opinion matters more than mine. Urgh. I don't know. I should send out another email about New Years. I think what I find most frustrating is that some people in our group hold Bekah and Ian's opinions really high, like they're the "godfather" couple, but if I said I didn't have time to plan anything for New Years things might not get done.... and yet people make fun of me for taking charge of things. I take charge because I'm good at it and otherwise shit wouldn't get done.BLERG.
Kind of a rant-y post this time, but that's partly why this blog was created....
No comments:
Post a Comment